Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super Junior (슈퍼주니어) - Sexy, Free & Single


As I am getting more and more familiar with the Kpop music video's I come to realize that my standards where quite low when I started this thing. I had only ever watched video's bij Hello!Project and some stuff by SM Entertainment. Now I am not saying that I think the video's made by these entertainment groups are bad, but I do think that I am saying that they are quite simple. Both entertainment groups prefer to stick to simple video's that combine dance shots, close-up shots and random shots of the members looking amazing and that was it. This is why when I first stumbled across some video's with an actual plot or at least more than the idols looking gorgeous I was quite amazed and surprised. As a matter of fact, I still am at many occasions. That doesn't take away that I can still enjoy the more simple video's out there like Super Junior's Sexy, Free & Single.

In this video Super Junior use a combination of awesome dance moves and bared chests to let us know that they are there for fans of all ages. Even the oldest fans don't have to worry because these boys are sexy, free & single and ready to bingo. Isn't that a relief? So if you are in your older days and are no longer capable of joining these boys in their amazing choreography's in front of giant buildings without doors that have a crossroad in front of them parallel to the side walk, there is no problem since they are willing to join you for a nice game that involves crosses, balls & numbers.


I feel like the designer of this building had a strong need to overcompensate for something~


Super Junior strutting down the street since they are ready to bingo.


"You think you can beat me? Ha! You don't stand a chance."


"Watch how I beat you in bingo while showing off my sexy abs. Didn't see that one coming did you?"


"I know that if I win, my prize will be you~"


"Heh, I don't have to win to get you."


"Guys, can we just start already?"


"Yeah, let's start before this choker thing kills me!"


"No worries guys, I will be your prize."


"We're sexy, free & single and ready to bingo!"


"The first number is 2!"


"Ah crap, didn't need that one... and why is that guys headband around my neck?"


"I dunno but by the time we're finished my prizes will be piled up to here!"


"But my main prize will be your love."


...


"We're sexy, free & single and ready to bingo!"


"We're sexy, free & single and ready to bingo!"

Okay guys, I get it!


"Bam! Change of sets! Didn't see that one coming did you?"


"We will perform some amazing synchronized swimming while we wait for you to win."


"Well, we would do that, but we are airplanes! Airplanes don't swim you fool!"


Oooh~ I like you, I think I'll chose you as my prize!


"Are you sure you want me out of all these sexy, free and single guys?"


Ehm... Can I just have you all?


"Off course you can! We'll be there in a flash."


Yup, yup~ I think that if I had the chance I would definitely play some bingo with these guys. Though they might be a bit too passionate about it? I mean, they sang a whole song about it and even combined it with this weird but cool choreography and even made a video about it? But yeah, I do think the prizes will make it worth it.

Anyways, on a more serious note. I really do enjoy this song and I can't get it out of my head at times. It did take a number of listens though before I could really appreciate it. I think it would be a good thing though if these guys would work a bit on their pronunciation since I am quite sure I'm not the only person out there who hears 'bingo' instead of 'mingle' while listening to this song. On the other hand though, it does provide some amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment