Saturday, January 19, 2013

케이윌 (K.will) - 이러지마 제발 (Please don't...)


Today I'm going to go about this blog a bit different as usual. Instead of starting off this post telling you all my own opinions and thoughts I would like you all to shape your own. So, I ask you guys. Please have a look at the video first before reading this post and try to think by yourself what the story is about. After that I'm going to willing share with you my own thoughts.




So, now that you have all watched this. Let me start the blog with your views fresh in mind. So, what did you think it was about? Clearly the main character, portrayed by Seo In Guk, was upset about the marriage between the other two people portrayed by SISTAR's Dasom and Ahn Jae Hyun. Why though? To be honest, when I first watched this PV it was after watching Simon and Martina's Eat Your Kimchi Awards where it won the award for 'Best Plot in a Kpop Video' so I already knew what the video was about. After watching the PV I was surprised to find out that so many people had not noticed the (for me) obvious hints as to what it was actually about. That is why I wanted you guys to have a look for yourself before you would be confronted with my thoughts and my pointing out of those obvious hints.

Now some might wonder, what is the story line that I so clearly see? Well, according to me In Guk's character is in love with the man portrayed by Jae Hyun. He is having a hard time dealing with his girl friend due to the expected jealousy and heartbroken feelings. Then one day he's invited over to their house because they want to tell him something... They're getting married and they want him to be their best man. Since he can't really say no to Jae Hyun he agrees to fill this role, only to be pained more while watching the marriage ceremony. When he wants to take a break, he doesn't get to enjoy even that as he is quickly brought back to endure even more pain.

As I watching this along with the lyrics I must say that I felt increasingly sad. I can only imagine what he must be going through. I must say though that I found that the acting was amazing. The way he looks at him, the way he looks at her... Kudos' to Seo In Guk.


It all starts with a car driving on the road late at night. 


This girl seems to be having the time of her life.


This guy doesn't seem to share the sentiment. Why?


Is it because she is getting married?


In Guk: 'I wish that girl would stop talking already...'


In Guk: 'Leave me alone... seriously.'


In Guk: 'Just don't... don't do this...'


In Guk: 'I mean it! Stop this before I can't take it anymore!'


In Guk: 'And yet she still keeps bugging me...'


In Guk: "Just quit it already!"


In Guk: 'And still she laughs.'


Jae Hyun: "What is going on? What are you trying to do to my girlfriend?"
In Guk: "I... She was..."


In Guk: 'Ugh... Never mind... he won't believe me anyway.'


In Guk: 'He is standing right there and still she won't stop...'


In Guk: 'You saw it happen right? You see what she did? And you're just letting it go?'


Jae Hyun: "There is no need to look that angry, she's only joking around."
Dasom: "Yeah Gukkie, I'm just joking around."


In Guk: "Ahahah, yes, funny~"


In Guk: 'Are you being serious? You bitch...'


In Guk: 'How am I supposed to deal with this?'


Jae Hyun: "Hey beautiful, you know I love you right?"


In Guk: "Hey Jae Hyun, I just got a call from..."


In Guk: "Oh..."


In Guk: 'I'll just... I'll just go then...'


In Guk: 'I guess there's no denying it. They're really together huh... I never imagined that it would hurt so much...'


Jae Hyun: "In Guk, we asked you to come over today cause we have something major to tell you."


In Guk: "It can't be..."


Jae Hyun: "Yes that's right...


In Guk: 'No... No! Please don't let this be! Let it be a lie!'


In Guk: "Ehm, I'm gonna... I'll be right back."


In Guk: 'So this day really came...'


Dasom: "Gukkie, don't I look beautiful?"


In Guk: "Yeah... Yeah, you look amazing."


Dasom: "I know you've already seen it, but this ring is the best right?"


Dasom: "... we're getting married!"



In Guk: 'I'm probably gonna have to keep this fake smile going on all day...'


In Guk: '...but I don't know if I'll manage.'


In Guk: "Why are you guys doing this to me?!"



In Guk: 'And there they go, walking towards their happy life together.'



In Guk: 'There is no way to change it back.'


In Guk: 'There is no way he will ever be mine.'




Guk In: 'Why did you have to look so happy?'




Guk In: 'This is not the way I want it to be.'


Guk In: 'This is not the way I wanted to live my life.'



Jae Hyun: "You do know that the party is happening downstairs?"


Jae Hyun: "Come on, let's go! Or you'll miss out on all the fun!"


Guk In: 'Why don't you see that I want to miss out on the fun? Yet here I am, not able to say no, just because you hold my hand like that, just because you smile like that, just because it's you.'


Dasom: "Come on guys! Hurry!"


Dasom: "You have to  look at your finest for this photo."


Guk In: 'They look like the ideal couple, don't they?'


Guk In: 'Even though it tears me up inside, I'll just have to learn to live with it...'


Guk In: '... even though this is what I truly want...'


So yeah, that's the story I see in this PV. To be quite honest, while going through the scenes one by one, trying to imagine what he is feeling... My throat closed in on itself every no and then as a signal of an oncoming sob. As a whole this PV touched me deeply and the meaning of the lyrics go with it very well. As I was doing this I came to realize that those scenes in the car are him driving back home from the wedding, thinking back on the things that have happened throughout the last few years which is why his expressions showed how he felt at that moment. What I don't really get is why Dasom is in the car with him though. It feels like she's only there to throw us off track.

Besides the meaning of the lyrics and the amazing PV I still think this is an amazing song that I would love to listen to just by itself. The vocals are amazing and touching, K.will did an amazing job. 

As to round it up with a question: What did you think this was about? Did you think he was in love with the girl? Or the boy? Or something else completely?


EDIT: Looks like K.will even left an acceptance speech for winning the award, so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Hm, this plot (or, your analysis) is similar to Taeyang's Wedding Dress in some respects. You should check that out, it's sad~
    Though, your analysis seems like the only appropriate hypothesis. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete